Authors theoretically present the characterization of the multiple states broadband InGaAs/GaAs quantum-dot lasers that agrees well with the measured data. Based on the derived model, this new class of semiconductor laser is further characterized theoretically to gain an idea of the derivative characteristic such as linewidth enhancement factor in providing a picture of the competency of this novel device for diverse applications.
- Linewidth enhancement factor
- Quantum dot laser
- Ultra-broad lasing emission
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering